Thursday, May 19, 2011

Arms by Christina Perri


I just wanted to post this video because I love the song. I also really like the music video, I am not sure why but I just think it is cool. With the water and the floating and stuff. The lyrics of the song are what I really like. I like when it says, "I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me cause I'm already falling. I'll never let our love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home. The world is coming down on me and I can't find a reason to be loved. I never wanna leave you but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone." I love to listen to the lyrics of songs and pick out the ones that I can relate to. I can kind of relate to this song in a way. Obviously when Christina Perri wrote it she was singing about a boy, girl relationship but I think it can be interpreted differently. In my struggles I have had a lot of people who have been there for me when I need them, they saw through my walls or choices I guess you could say and they stepped in and caught me so to speak. When the song says you put your arms around me and I'm home it makes me think of a hug. Hugs are the best I always felt better when someone would give me a hug. The rest is self explanatory but I just sometimes will be listening to a song and the lyrics will remind me of something going on in my life. These lyrics are sung to a man who loves her but I think it can also apply to a friend who cares and is there for those who need them. I just love the song and the singer so I wanted to post it. :)

No comments: